My sweet friend Christian gifts me with his "out the door" shirts. So this perfect television job of "de-boning" a shirt has been going on. Cut out all the heavy seams and collect a bunch of buttons. It is pretty mindless but satisfying.
Been doing loads of serging for Days for Girls. Part of the challenge is getting the size just right. I tend to err on the size of too big then I have to go back and re-do the edges. And if I'm not using exactly the same 4 cones of thread, then it can show through. Grrrrrr
For my most recent "completion" project I came upon some "thangles" blocks I had finished but never done anything with. So I put together this small table mat, approx 12" square. The thangles are 1/2". Pretty beeny and rather difficult to work with. Oh well.
Next week is the Sewing and Stitchery Expo. Three weeks from today, our dear friends Caro and Dieuwke arrive from the Netherlands. It will be a sewing and quilting and shopping extravaganza (at least it always has been in the past). Great fun. I am looking forward to it. Get ready for lots of photos!