Friday, January 9, 2015

Here Comes January

Happy 2015 to one and all.  This is going to be a GREAT year, I feel sure.

2014 ended and 2015 began in the same way as it has the past several New Year's.  With a group of friends, we celebrated in Port Townsend, WA - a charming, Victorian small town on the Straits of Juan de Fuca.  Always plenty to do, but we supplement with puzzles and games and great food and great company.








I did, of course, take along 47 gazillion projects to work on and didn't get much of anything done, but it was fun, nonetheless.  Michele and I decided while there that we would make a quilt for our up-coming RV group fund-raising auction.
Something in this vein - a Bonnie Hunter free pattern.  String pieced with blues and some green and tan.  We got together and swapped fabrics so each of us had some of the others.  I have been sewing 6 1/2" squares (sewn on phone book pages - my favorite).  I think I have about 35 done.  It's easy to turn on a movie and just sew,


I also ordered myself a new template to make mini periwinkle blocks



They're pretty cute and not hard to do.  I'm using one of those stacks of pre-cuts that are 2 1/2" square - don't remember what they are called.

We got the downstairs table cleared off and winter Puzzle Season has begun


So on our way!
.

2 comments:

  1. O, what a cute Quilt puzzle. Never saw one before. I love the new quilt you are making. It looks like you had a great start of the new year in Port Townsend, brings back memories. Can't believe it was only half a year ago we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new template. You know what, it's less then 3 months before we see each other again.

    ReplyDelete