Monday, October 28, 2013

Oh, I'm behind

Oh I am sorry.  You know how sometimes life happens.  Well, mine has been happening and I'm still trying to catch up.

A week ago Friday, Ronda and I headed out in the motorhome for a week-end with my CTA ladies for their annual sewing retreat.  YEAH!  The weather wasn't quite as fabulous as we might have hoped but the hours behind our machines, the lovely locale and the spectacular meals made it all just terrific.
We really were out in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains.  You can notice how some of the leaves are changing color - it really is autumn.
I think I counted 30 of us - busy, busy, busy.  Here are some of the projects people were working on,





It just fills your head with so many colors and patterns and ideas of something new to create.

People worked on service projects, made clothing,


And quilts for twin grandchildren.


Ronda worked on a wedding quilt for her daughter and we cut flannel strips for a little project while Caro is here visiting in a few weeks.

After I got home, I cut even more flannel, from my stash - so now we have even more strips.  Getting ready for Halloween, of course, as well,

And this past week-end was our last rv outing for 2013.  Oh boo hoo.  We are all sad to think about putting away the rig for now.  But in our climate it is a necessity.  So we will have it all winterized and get a cover put on it.  We'll start back up, again, next March.  Saskia has been a great trooper!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a fun retreat Marne! Glad you got to take Saskia out on the road one more time this fall!

    ReplyDelete