Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sunny Saturday

Friday sunset - lovely.  Sky blue pink?




Oh it is so cheerful to have some sunshine today, even if it is not hot.  The plants (and the weeds) in the garden are loving it.  Elaine is busy working in the garden.

After all my grandma duties last week and week-end, this week has been one of catch up with some other chores.  Dinner with friends one night, Dutch lessons, Stashbusters Quilt group and yesterday, I can happily report that the whole mainfloor got vacuumed, dust mopped and dusted.  Whew!  NOT a job that I get done very often, so I'm feeling quite delighted today.  [When I lived in England, they used the word "chuffed" to describe how one felt when being a bit righteous about what they had done.]

In amongst that, I have done a couple of little sewing projects.  This was a block from a pattern that I found in a magazine.  I had to shrink it down about 20% in order to use the fabric I already had in strips (it is paper pieced).  But I liked it and maybe it could become a pattern for a whole quilt.  Hmmmm.


I also managed to get the Streak of Lightening blocks put together.  The pattern is difficult to make out except from quite a ways away.


I think I still feel like I did before - I would prefer it with somewhat plainer lights to make the pattern stand out more.  But now I know.

CTA will likely do an ornament exchange again this year, so I was playing with a pattern.  This obviously isn't a finished product, but I do think it's pretty cute and with some hand quilting, at least outlining the pieces, it would be fun,
And lastly, I have been picking out fabrics I have to "go with" the tree of life central panel which Dieuwke gave me.  [Thanks, Dieuwke, I love it.]

I haven't 'visited' the blues pile yet.

I did get to have lunch with friend Ronda on Friday and we designed a project that we will make with Caro when she arrives mid November.  So I also pulled out all my flannels and set them aside for that little project.  Hmmmmm - what could it be?

Tonight it's dinner with my DS, DIL and little B and L.  Oh won't that be fun!

2 comments:

  1. You make me curious. I'm counting down. Less then 6 weeks to go. Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy Bee as always. Never a dull moment is there? Cute things you have been werking on. Love the paperback pieced block. Would be cute to make a whole quilt of this kind of blocks!

    ReplyDelete