Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday

Our lovely sunshine is on its way out, but much, much better than our friends and family further east.  Dear me!  Really so awful.  So sorry for all of them.

Here are a couple of our favorite four legged friends,
Ariza came for a visit with her folks,

And today I got to visit with Alayne and Sunny, who was enjoying a sit on the wedding quilt.  She is so funny - she knew when I picked up the camera and would not look directly at me.  As soon as it went down, she would look.

Alayne is getting ready to head to sunny California  - so before she heads south I wanted to get some batting from her.  [As a long-armer she always has rolls of batting and sells me batting to finish up some of my multiple UFO's.]  Thanks Alayne.
This is the green poly. batting - made from old soda pop bottles.  I have used it before and like it a lot.
And this is a lovely, thin dream cotton

Me thinks my excuses are quickly evaporating.  Hmmmmm.

As mentioned before, I have been cutting up men's shirts.  This is such a grand way to get some lovely cottons - often in colors/patterns I cannot get other ways.
And just because it will mean something to my Dutch friends - look where some of these shirts came from,
 [Americans: this is a really nice department store in the Netherlands.]

Stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. So fu that you are werking with Dutch shirts from the Bijenkorf! You got me curious for what you are making. Love your animal friends, they look so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dog pictures. Good to see you on skype. bye bye Caro

    ReplyDelete