Saturday, June 1, 2013

Week-end with some sunshine

Hurrah - we are at last seeing some weather that is appropriate to this time of year.  And thankful for all favors, this is NOT tornado country - so we don't have that to worry about.  Extra hurrah!

I have been working on a little project.  It's an auction item for our RVing Women's August auction.  I don't know if it should be a secret until then, or not.  So for now, here is just a peek,

Lots and lots of refilling the bobbin.

Stashbuster's met last Thursday and we worked on selecting fabrics for our blocks:
Aren't these so bright and fun?  I didn't have any batiks in this sort of 'jewel tone' - mine all had a gray overtone.  Lucky that we had folks with fabric to share.  Here is a photo of the pattern - although we are making some changes,





this will be nice, I think.  That's about all the news.  Off to visit with the younger grands later this afternoon - always fun.



2 comments:

  1. Two new projects to work on. You are busy! Curious how the black and whites are going to turn out and I love the blocks in the colorful batiks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marne,
    no I haven't made soup yet ; ). The brocoli soup was leftover from the soup we made together. Have to give it try somewhere somehow. I found my notes back so nothing is standing in the way ; ).
    bye bye Caro

    ReplyDelete