Sunday, December 22, 2013

Santa has been busy

Oh so lucky for me, Santa brought me (early) a new camera.  HURRAH!  HURRAH!   HURRAH!  My poor ole Nikon was getting mighty tired and I couldn't even get new cards for it, any longer - the technology for that one was too old.  So bless Santa for a very lovely Canon Elph 330HS (I haven't read the book, so I don't know all the things that it does, but they are many and really swell!)

And so, for inauguration purposes, here is a festive Casa Nana
Our festivities will be among son and family and daughter and family.  I think we are ready or close enough.

I did start one little project about 3 or 4 days ago.  These are all fabrics that my grandson had picked out of my stash.  Just things that he liked.  So I spied a little pattern in a magazine and thought 'why not'?
So I just combined them all, with some muslin squares and voila,
Of course it won't be finished by Wednesday, but I will give him the top then take it back to finish it.  I really think it is quite fun.  Now, do I put something in the plain squares?  And what?
It's definitely better from a bit away, but oh well.  I will also finish up a quick fleece tied throw for my daughter before Wednesday (3 of the 4 sides are already tied).  So, yeah, I'm almost ready, I think.  I do need to do a bit of food shopping as well, so we can contribute to our meals together.

Me thinks that after 5 grands, this Grandma will be ready for a break with some adults - bring on New Year's Eve.

As our Southern friends say, Happy Holidays y'all.

1 comment:

  1. Cute quilt! Maybe some stitcherie in it! Or ask your grandson what he would like. Maybe just some words of his hobby's like: football, game, scouting, hike, read or whatever........
    Your Christmas tree looks lovely with those matching chairs, hope your camera will take lot's and lot's of pretty pictures. Have wonderful days with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete