Saturday, May 10, 2014

Here's what's going on at Casa Nana

Well, I guess I have some more catching up to do with you.  Before I forget again, I don't think I showed you my new "floor cloth".  My friend Nancy made this - isn't it just so much fun?  She started with a piece of canvas (I think), she added gesso (not sure that is spelled correctly) in several coats, then she painted it and then put on several coats of varnish or lacquer.  It is now a very substantial floor cloth - a rug for in front of my ironing board.  It makes me very happy.


What else?  Well, it seems that little Miss L has got this walking stuff down pretty well.  She does quite a bit of looking like Frankenstein as she moves around, but she gets there and doesn't rely on crawling very much any more.  So cute!

The girls really enjoy "Baby Einstein" videos, so they are allowed limited time with those,
Of course, who doesn't love a baby in sunglasses?

We did a bit of purchasing (and assembling) this week.  A couple of new items for the motorhome - well not actually for the motorhome, but for us to use when using the motorhome,

I don't think these fold up quite as small as the ones we have seen in Europe, but they will work fine for us and should fit in the back storage space.  Pretty cool, huh?

Been doing a bit of cooking this week, as well,
Banana cookies - another way to use up those over-ripe bananas sitting on the kitchen counter.  They are quite tasty, albeit very soft.  Lots of banana flavor.  I chose to add some butterscotch chips and pecans.  And then today we gave a Christmas gift a try - I know it is May, but you don't want to rush into things.  And having a good long time to try this was what was required.  What a hoot!


A Dutch taste treat from Glenn and Sue.  Yummy!

A neighbor had a small "display" on the front lawn - celebrating May Day.  Happy May one and all!  And for the mothers among you, Happy Mother's Day.


2 comments:

  1. Your poffertjes looks delicious, love the new mat and little miss L is adorable. She is growing so big! Great bikes for the RV! It is so nice to be anle to get around on hour bike while vacationing! Have a very Happy Moederdag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, you made poffertjes! And that's a quite handy bike, I hope you can ride it for years!
    The rug is just beautiful, bright and colourful. And so is miss L :)

    ReplyDelete