Monday, February 17, 2014

Tortilla Flat

One of our fun outings was a drive to Tortilla Flat.  It was a former mining town and now plays up to the out-of-town tourists - and fun.
You pass through Tonto National Forest and Canyon Lake.  And literally at the end of the road,


There really isn't anything much there, but the ice cream store and the restaurant/bar.  But that is well known locally, especially the ladies room,
Those are dollar bills, each one signed (presumably by the person who left it)



And honest to goodness Sarsaparella (also known as Root Beer)  Very tasty!




A hawk watching us

A local bird (and I don't remember the name)


(I'm having some issues with spacing, here.  Sorry about that.  I cannot get the line to move to the edge.)

We visited the Superstition Mountain Lost Dutchman Museum.  
No, I didn't forget entirely about quilts.





Only in Apache Junction, will you find this golf course.  Yes, it really looks like this.  I don't think I want to play there.


More to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment