Monday, April 28, 2014

So Fortunate

I really do feel badly (sometimes) as my life is really so good.  I just cannot complain (well - I do occasionally, but I really shouldn't <grin>)  We had a terrific week-end for the second outing of our RV group.  This trip was to Port Townsend.

Now the weather did NOT look like this all week-end, but we did have many moments that looked just like this.  It was terrific.  Got to see an otter (rather close, I thought)

Lots of seals and birds galore.  Of course spring is coming along, so that was grand to notice.


We went on a "little" hike with friends Steph and Cate and Lynda and Linda.  [There were several minutes when I wasn't sure I would make it the whole way - this was NOT a "little" anything].  We went to Fort Warden, which is now a state park.

Notice that little patch of land behind the shoulder of the gal in pink [that's where we walked from]
That is the RV park where we were. (much enlarged).  Needless to say, it was quite the adventure.  We walked down along the beach, then up the hill to a part of the park not as many people see.  During the second world war there were gun emplacements there, although they were not fired.  So it has been commemorated with a Memory's Vault.  (a place to remember what didn't happen at that place.)

Opposite are the original gun settings
While this is all publicly accessible, it isn't easy to get to.  I guess that makes it more special.
Great time.

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful out there! Did you drive all way or did you take the Ferry. We will be there in about seven weeks too. Did you know parts of ' an officer and a gentleman' was shot there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flowers. We have the same in Clingendaal. And they are just beautiful at the moment. Isn't life great! Caro

    ReplyDelete