Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Some Sewing is Going On

Not so much sewing, but some.  Over the week-end I finished the 'purples' quilt.  It is to be a gift to Beth and Marlene who let us stay in their place in February in Arizona.  They have quite a bit of purple in their home, so I hope they like it.

During my stint at Pacific Fabrics a couple of weeks ago, I bought a Downton Abbey charm pack.  Several months ago I bought a new tool and wanted to try it out.

On the left is the usual size (approx. 4 inches) of this twister tool.  I wanted to give this small one a "go".  It proved to be a fair bit more challenging than the usual sized tool.  I was super careful with my seam allowances and pressing and, in fact, starched each little square before I joined them.  I have no particular plan for this, but do like it.
You may notice that some of the fabrics I also got at Pacific Fabrics, for my sweatshirt jacket, are from this same line.  Remember?
We got new chairs for the living room.  Woo Hoo!
AND, the weather was so glorious today, that we got to dine al fresco.  Had a lovely, fresh salad and some fruit for dessert,

And now you know all there is to know about life at Casa Nana (at least for today)  Love this sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Love the quilts you are making! Making Twisters is so much fun! Nice comfy chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your twister quilt. Did you make them with the twistertool. Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete